Planning a wedding can be a complex and often stressful affair, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun too. With fun in mind, let’s talk about a few fruity cocktail drinks to excite and impress your guests.
2020 hasn’t turned out to be the year many people hoped for, especially if you have been carefully planning your wedding day. But now that things are gradually getting back to normal, it’s vital to ensure you have everything in order, for when the big day arrives. And when it comes to the most important aspects of your wedding, beverages are undoubtedly a top priority.
Pineapple and Coconut Cooler
This simple and effective cocktail is perfect for a wedding as you can make it in large batches and chill in ice for several hours. Oh, and did we mention it’s absolutely delicious? While you can serve this drink however you wish, to suit the theme and style of your wedding, storing and serving in jam jars is an awesome way to add a unique flair to your wedding menu.
Ingredients (Per Cocktail)
- 50ml coconut rum
- 100ml pineapple juice
- 25ml gin
- Chunks of watermelon (one piece per cocktail)
- Two coriander sprigs
- Put 50ml coconut rum, 25ml gin, 100ml pineapple juice and 50ml water into each jam jar and stir.
- Garnish each cocktail with a piece of watermelon and two coriander sprigs. Squeeze the leaves beforehand to help release the flavour. Screw on the jar lids, then chill or set in ice buckets until needed. This is an ideal solution for weddings as these fruity cocktail drinks will keep well for four to six hours.
Mango and Pineapple Mojito
The mojito is one of the most well known and popular cocktails. But this is your wedding day, so here’s a more unique and fruity take on a classic cocktail. If you are planning a wedding for the summer or simply want to impress your friends and family with a unique selection of drinks, we’ve got you covered!
- 50g chopped mango
- 50g pineapple pieces
- Three chopped limes
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Two mint sprigs (leaves picked)
- 200ml pineapple rum
- 150ml white rum
- 600ml sparkling water
Muddle the pineapple, limes, mango and sugar together in a large jug. Bruise and add the mint leaves, then top with ice. Stir in the pineapple rum, white rum and sparkling water. Simple, hassle-free and tasty!
You may well have stumbled upon the “Woo Woo” cocktail before as it has many variations, some better than others — with the latter available in jug form from your nearest Weatherspoons. But don’t let that fool you. A homemade batch of Woo Woos can really put the “woo” into your wedding. I know, terrible pun — but a wonderful drink nevertheless!
- 50ml vodka
- 25ml peach schnapps
- 100ml cranberry juice
- A dash of fresh lime juice
- Lime wedge
Add vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and a dash of lime juice to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake thoroughly then strain into a tumbler with more ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Champagne is a staple of any celebratory occasion, and it’s also an ideal base for several fruity cocktail drinks — including the Raspberry Fizz. This is another simple recipe that requires little in the way of preparation and very few ingredients, so it won’t be too much hassle to prepare these delicious beverages on the day!
- 4 raspberries
- 25ml raspberry liqueur (such as Chambord)
- Crush four raspberries in a mortar with a pestle.
- Put the crushed raspberries into a champagne flute, add the raspberry liqueur, then top with chilled champagne. Quick, easy, and a refreshing take on a standard glass of fizz.
Are you planning your wedding and want to provide your guests with the finest fruit cocktail drinks made by professional mixologists? Get in touch today to discuss your needs with our team!