Many different aspects combine to create the perfect “big day” — including your food and drink choices. In this post, we’ll highlight a few fun cocktail choices for your wedding bar menu.
Although many people will opt for an open bar or cash bar service where their guests can get their favourite tipple, there’s something very special about crafting your own wedding bar menu. This subtle detail not only adds a sense of sophistication to the entire wedding, but it also allows you to inject some personality and unique choices into your special day.
Below we’ll list a few creative cocktails that are sure to be a successful addition to your wedding bar menu. And, of course, we’ll include the recipes so you can try them for yourself at home.
1. Coconut Margarita
Regardless of what time of year you are hosting your nuptials, a wedding bar menu featuring a Coconut Margarita is a fantastic way to encourage summer vibes. This sweet and creamy cocktail is a tropical spin on a classic margarita and will prove to be an instant hit.
- Lite Coconut Milk (from the can)
- Coconut Water
- Tequila Blanco
- Triple Sec
- Lime wedge, to serve
- Combine the coconut milk, tequila Blanco, coconut water and triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined.
- Pour into cocktail glasses with ice.
- Serve with a lime wedge.
2. Italian Sling
A classic Gin Sling contains lemon juice, dry gin, cherry juice and club soda. This Italian twist on the Sling adds simple syrup, bitters and vermouth — which is almost a cross between the OG Sling and a Negroni. A creative and delicious delight!
- 50ml Malfy Gin
- 30ml Vermouth
- 80ml fresh lemon juice
- 30ml simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Soda water
Method: Combine all ingredients in a highball glass with a single jumbo ice cube.
Crème de cassis is a black currant liqueur and gives this drink a syrupy base that combines perfectly with the saltiness of the tequila and citrus of the lime juice. Ginger ale marries the flavours beautifully.
- 20ml lime juice
- 15ml crème de cassis
- 45ml El Tesoro Reposado Tequila
- 120ml Ginger Ale
Directions: Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled glass and stir.
4. Sparkling Punch
If you’re looking for the perfect summer cocktail to make in large batches, then look no further. This delicious cocktail will find itself at home on any wedding bar menu as it offers a refreshing rose base with the added colour and flavour of fresh raspberries and strawberries. Oh and there’s the unexpected and amazing addition of Limoncello to spice things up a bit.
- 750ml bottle chilled Sparkling Rosé
- 3/4 cup limoncello
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 medium lemon (thinly sliced)
- In a large pitcher, combine the strawberries, raspberries and limoncello.
- Top with the chilled rosé champagne and begin to stir in half of the lemon wheels.
- Serve in old-fashioned glasses with ice. Place fruit in each glass and a lemon wheel to garnish. Ensure each glass contains fresh berries.
5. Grapefruit Ginger Rum Punch
Big batch cocktails are a lifesaver for saving time and money at your wedding. Consider this sweet and subtly spicy summer punch for your wedding bar menu. It gets its fizz and zing from ginger beer and sparkling wine, while its tang comes from a freshly squeezed grapefruit.
- 230ml spiced rum
- 700ml ginger beer
- 500ml fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 750 ml bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- One grapefruit, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- Add the rum, sparkling wine, ginger beer and grapefruit juice to a large punch bowl.
- If you are serving immediately, add ice, or place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Top with sliced grapefruit and mint leaves before serving.
Are you in need of mobile bar hire services for your upcoming wedding celebrations? Get in touch today to discuss your needs with our team.